All things considered, this is welcome news for the Yankees: Tests have revealed that David Robertson, who fell down some stairs while carrying boxes earlier this week, has a bone bruise in his foot, and not something more serious. (True story: Every time we read an article this week that mentioned the worst-case scenario for Robertson and reached the words "Lisfranc ligament," we burst into tears.) Joe Girardi said he believes that Robertson, who will remain in a walking boot until Sunday, will be ready for Opening Day, though he admitted, "I can’t tell you how it’s going to heal." Still, the test results could have been much worse. Said the Yankees manager: "This is as good as it gets for us."
Photo: Nick Laham/Getty Images
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]