As much as we were hoping for two NYC teams to play in the NEC Championship Game — and yes, Wagner counts! — the Staten Island college lost yesterday to Robert Morris at home. Fortunately, Long Island did not, edging Quinnipiac 78-75 to reach the NEC title matchup for the second straight season. Actually, they'll be hosting Robert Morris for the second consecutive year; last year they beat them and had a good old-fashioned storm-the-court moment. Long Island, amazingly, has the second-longest home-court winning streak in the country, behind Kentucky. On Wednesday night, on ESPN2, they'll have a chance to extend it and make the NCAA Tournament for the second straight year. If you want tickets, you better get 'em now; the place only holds 1,400 people. Get to it! NEC fever!
Photo: Bill Kostroun/AP2011
- 1. The Real Reason Twentysomething Women Are Worried
- 2. Can You Guess Famous 30 Rock Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?
- 3. ‘Breathe Me’: The Oral History of the Six Feet Under Finale’s Death Montage
- 4. What the Hell Is David Brooks’s Column About?
- 5. Interview: Blake Lively on the Cheesecake Factory, Gucci, and Her New Website
- 6. See Every Absurd Outfit Jennifer Love Hewitt Wears on Season One of The Client List
- 7. Bloomberg Reacts to Heartbreaking Story of Homeless Girl: ‘That’s Just the Way God Works’
- 8. Shia LaBeouf Apologizes for Ripping Off Daniel Clowes
- 9. ‘Splat!’: The Oral History of Sex and the City’s Most Shocking Episode