As much as we were hoping for two NYC teams to play in the NEC Championship Game — and yes, Wagner counts! — the Staten Island college lost yesterday to Robert Morris at home. Fortunately, Long Island did not, edging Quinnipiac 78-75 to reach the NEC title matchup for the second straight season. Actually, they'll be hosting Robert Morris for the second consecutive year; last year they beat them and had a good old-fashioned storm-the-court moment. Long Island, amazingly, has the second-longest home-court winning streak in the country, behind Kentucky. On Wednesday night, on ESPN2, they'll have a chance to extend it and make the NCAA Tournament for the second straight year. If you want tickets, you better get 'em now; the place only holds 1,400 people. Get to it! NEC fever!
Photo: Bill Kostroun/AP2011
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper