All this talk about whether or not Kentucky could beat the Washington Wizards — and they absolutely could not — totally reminded us of an old post back at our old digs at Deadspin. Back in March 2008, a “tipster” e-mailed us about the Miami Heat lineup he watched lose to the Knicks that night, openly wondering whether that team could have beaten national champion Florida. We can admit now that the tipster was our own Ben Mathis-Lilley — we never searched that hard for tipsters back in the Deadspin days — and that the post still makes us laugh. Remember, there was a time — just four years ago — that the Heat starting lineup was Ricky Davis, Mark Blount, Daequan Cook, Chris Quinn, and Earl Barron. We liked that Heat team a lot more than we like this one. You know, maybe Florida would have won.
Photo: Kevin C. Cox/2012 Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 3. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 4. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 5. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 6. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 7. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 8. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!
- 9. Here’s Kim Kardashian’s ‘Jubilant,’ Frolicking Post-Baby Reveal