The major-league baseball season officially began more than two weeks ago, the Yankees' regular season got underway last Friday, and today, finally, Joe Girardi's squad will play its home opener at Yankee Stadium. The Yankees had half of a good road trip to start the season, first getting swept by the Rays in St. Pete, and then sweeping the Orioles in Baltimore, thanks in large part to some excellent relief pitching. Fans in the Bronx today will get their first in-person look at starting pitcher Hiroki Kuroda in a Yankees uniform — as well as their first in-person look at Albert Pujols in an Angels uniform. Ceremonial first pitch duties go to the now-retired Jorge Posada, and the real first pitch, according to the Yankees official schedule of events, is scheduled for 1:08.
Photo: Al Messerschmidt/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 6. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 7. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 8. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 9. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime