Rejoice! For the second straight year, the Knicks have reached the playoffs. The Milwaukee Bucks' loss to the Indiana Pacers clinched the spot for the Knicks, who are a game up on the Philadelphia 76ers for the No. 7 spot. (And three games behind Orlando for the No. 6 spot.) You might think securing a playoff spot is no big deal, but you obviously haven't been watching the Knicks for the last decade. (For this we do not blame you.) This is only the third Knicks playoff appearance in eleven years, and the other two ended in sweeps, to New Jersey in 2004 and Boston last year. The Knicks have not won a playoff game since April 29, 2001. So disaster averted: When the most tumultuous, lunatic season in recent Knicks history ends, they will indeed be in the playoffs. Let's see if they can win a damned game this time.
Photo: Nathaniel S. Butler/NBAE via Getty Images
- 1. Politico Stonewalls Mike Allen Payola Scandal
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 5. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 6. Why You’re So Sad About Paul Walker’s Death
- 7. The 5 Most Unintentionally Erotic Moments of Catching Fire
- 8. Watch a New Archer Training Video About Ninjas
- 9. Can You Guess Famous Simpsons Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?