The Rangers have agreed to terms on an entry-level contract with 20-year-old Chris Kreider, their highly touted first-round pick from the 2009 Draft who just won a national title as a junior with Boston College. According to the News, once the signing becomes official, it'll be a three-year contract, as dictated in the CBA for a player his age. Kreider — who is eligible to skate in the playoffs — will reportedly practice with the team tomorrow (and in doing so, will burn up the first year of the contract). Let the "Should he play in the postseason?" debate officially begin.
Photo: Steve Babineau/2011 Steve Babineau
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 4. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. Weekend GOP Almost-Impeachment Update
- 8. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 9. Obama Administration’s War on Leakers Includes Reading Fox News’s E-mails