Baseball starts tomorrow, and the first Mets home game is Thursday afternoon. (The Yankees don't play in the Bronx until April 13.) We're going to Citi Field on Thursday, so we headed to the New York Water Taxi site to get our boat tickets ... and found that they had canceled the service. We were crestfallen: Taking the boat to Mets games is one of the best reasons to go to a Mets game. We spoke with Stacey Sherman, spokesperson for New York Water Taxi, who confirmed the bad news. "It's the end of a two-year streak of generous corporate sponsorship picking up the tab for NYC baseball fans to enjoy free rides aboard the baseball shuttles to Citi Field and Yankee Stadium," she said. "New York Water Taxi will not be running the Baseball Shuttle this season." The problem is that Delta decided not to sponsor the boats this year, and no one else stepped up. Sherman says the NYWT is still looking for sponsors, though — so hey, Goldman Sachs, here's a way to have your name attached to something positive. Otherwise? Looks like it's the 7 train all season again.
Photo: Budd Williams/NY Daily News Archive via Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 9. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]