Tim Tebow had his first public practice as a New York Jet yesterday, and suffice it to say, it was well-documented. Considering all anyone saw were a few drills with no one wearing pads and no one getting tackled — and almost none of the playbook installed — one wouldn't think there'd be that much to report on. One would be wrong!
So, without any further throat-clearing, the eight ways people used to describe Tim Tebow's two hours of running around in shorts yesterday.
1. "Terrific." Rich Cimini of ESPN New York, referring to how Tebow looked while working with the special teams.
2. "Sloppy." Cimini, during a stretch when Tebow threw two interceptions in three passes.
3. "Fiercely competitive." Cimini, describing how teammates see Tebow, who apparently goes all out to win every wind sprint.
4. Virginal. This isn't an exact quote, but center Nick Mangold was openly mocking Tebow, yelling "Tell them about Lolo!" when reporters surrounded Tebow. Lolo Jones is the Olympic hurdler who recently told HBO that she was waiting until marriage to have sex, like Tebow.
6. "Indecisive." Post.
7. "Unsure of himself." Post, again.
8. "That's a big man." Coming from Rex Ryan, that's no small compliment. Here's the rest of the quote, in response to a question about Tebow potentially tackling someone on special teams: "You guys have seen him. You know what I mean? That’s a big man. I remember my dad always saying it’s hard to kick somebody’s butt, I don’t know if he used that exact word. (laughter) But, it’s hard to kick somebody’s butt when he’s kicking your butt."
All this happened in a day of non-practice, non-pads, when nothing really happened. Tebowsanity is here, people. We're already exhausted.