Mets players are supposed to wear collared shirts to the ballpark, but yesterday, Jordany Valdespin wore a T-shirt, and his teammates decided to teach him a lesson: They ripped the sleeves, wrote the words El Hombre on the back, and drew a "NY Loves Valdy" design on the front. Apparently, Valdespin didn't appreciate his teammates' hijinks: According to the Times, Valdespin became angry, yelling, "That's not funny," to no one in particular. (Via Newsday, after yelling at his teammates, he "stormed into the shower area.") There's a happy ending, though: The Times reports that "tension then seemed to dissipate just as quickly as it arose," and as he left the clubhouse, the rookie was laughing and posing for his teammates' cell-phone pictures, wearing the shirt in question.
Photo: Norm Hall/Getty
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 3. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 4. Atheist Billboard in Times Square Specifically Designed to Make Sarah Palin’s Head Explode
- 5. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 6. How to Have Sex in Communal Living Spaces
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Is This the World’s Worst Selfie?
- 9. Why You’re So Sad About Paul Walker’s Death