With yesterday's "six pack" of gold medals, Great Britain is now behind only the United States and China in the overall Olympic medal count. (And closing in on its own record gold medal haul in the 2008 Beijing Olympics.) The most exciting win of the day was, without a doubt, when Somali-born Mo Farah took the gold in the men's 10,000-meter race. So exciting, in fact, that several BBC commentators couldn't help but jump up and down on their chairs and cry from sheer nationalistic joy. As one Sunday newspaper gushed: "Our finest Olympic hour."
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]