We missed this yesterday, but we had to make sure it didn't escape your attention. Yesterday, the Brooklyn Nets unofficially (they'd shown a few versions before) unveiled their outfits for the "Brooklynettes" — we absolutely adore that name; we wish there were another dance team in sports that was just the regular team's name all smushed — and they went all "In Living Color" on us. They're sort of terrifying, but honestly, all dance team outfits are sort of terrifying. (We always want to put a towel over them; does your mother know you're out dressed like this? We also can't get over the quote from the designer: "This isn't palm trees and sunshine. It's New York City, and it's Brooklyn. It's a different sensibility. We go hard." Dance hard, people. Dance hard.
Photo: Adam Pantozzi/brooklynettes' facebook
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 6. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!