Tonight is the final night of CONCACAF Third Round World Cup Qualifying, with only Mexico so far having secured passage to the Hexagonal round, which will begin in February. The United States, which beat Antigua and Barbuda on Friday only at the very last second, will face Guatemala tonight, and it's going to be difficult for them not to advance; the match, which takes place in Kansas City, offers them several possibilities. If they win or tie, they're in, no matter what. If they lose, that would be bad, but it still likely puts them in the Hexagonal; they would need Jamaica to make up a three-goal differential ... highly unlikely. It has still been a highly disappointing early round for coach Jurgen Klinsmann's team; it should not have been this hard. But still: They can wrap it up tonight and avoid a deeply humiliating disaster. The match is on ESPN2 and begins at 7 p.m. Watch the first half before the Yankees game.
Photo: Christian Petersen/Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!