Granted, it's being brought here by a team from San Francisco, but still. After winning the World Series in 2010, the Giants held an event in New York for two groups of fans of the old Baseball Giants. (Among those representing the franchise at the event: Willie Mays and Buster Posey.) And after sweeping the Tigers to capture their second title in three years, the Giants will once again bring the trophy back to the city the franchise called home until 1957. Said GM Brian Sabean, via the Times: "Tell everyone in New York to get ready, because we’re coming with it." This is exciting news for Baseball Giants fans who've stuck with the team since its days at the Polo Grounds, though it doesn't do much for local fans of the Mets or Yankees, who are already, as they say, waiting 'til next year.
Photo: Christian Petersen/2012 Getty Images
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]