The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
Watch the comedian and his crew mouth off on news, pop culture, and everything in between on this self-proclaimed "series unburdened by objectivity, journalistic integrity or even accuracy". To request tickets, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org a week before the date of the taping you’d like to attend. To get stand-by tickets, arrive at the studio well before 5 p.m. Note: you must be 18 or older to attend tapings.
• Tapings held Mon-Thu, doors open at 5:20 p.m. at The Daily Show Studios, 733 Eleventh Ave., near 51st St., 212-586-2477.
DaySide with Linda Vester
Linda Vester hosts FOX News’s daytime talk show, in which she sits down with newsmakers and celebrities alike. For tickets, fill out the form at foxnews.com or call 877-FOX-TKTS. Note: you must be 18 or older or have a FOX News Network consent form signed by parent or legal guardian to attend tapings.
• Tapings held Mon-Fri, 1 p.m.-2 p.m.; ticket holders must arrive by 11:30 a.m., 1211 Sixth Ave., near 48th St.
With a live band, celebrity guests, and an incredibly energetic host, Emeril makes cooking entertaining. Unfortunately, getting tickets to see the show is not as easy as "bam". Visit foodnetwork.com and sign up for the online newsletter to get updates on when to sign up for the ticket lottery.
• Tapings held various times throughout the year at the Food Network studios, 75 Ninth Ave., at 15th St., 212-398-8836.
Good Morning America
Reasons to tune in: the current events, the how-to tips, your love/hate of Diane Sawyer. To reserve tickets, fill out the form at abcnews.com and be sure to include an interesting fact about yourself or other family member. If you miss out on requesting tickets for the show, there’s always the street outside where fans can stand.
• Tapings held Mon-Fri, 7 a.m.-9 a.m. on 44th St. and Broadway, 212-580-5176.
Hope & Faith
Live with Regis and Kelly co-host Kelly Ripa's show is one of the only sitcoms you can catch here in New York. In a not-so-far stretch, Ripa (once a regular on All My Children) plays a former soap actress who unexpectedly moves to Ohio and begins turning her sister’s world upside down. For tickets, go to tvtickets.com or call 818-753-3470. Note: you must be 16 or older to attend tapings.
• Tapings held various times from summer to fall at Silvercup Studios East, 34-02 Starr Ave., Long Island City, Queens, 718-906-3000.
Last Call with Carson Daly
The man who made TRL famous hosts this late-night talk show, whose tickets can be secured more easily than those of its late-night competitors. Reservations for the show can be made at 1iota.com or by calling 888-4LC-TIXX Mon-Fri, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Pick up stand-by tickets the day of the taping at 11 a.m. at the NBC Experience Store. Note: you must be 16 or older to attend tapings.
• Tapings held Mon-Fri, evenings at NBC Studios, Mezzanine level at 30 Rockefeller Plaza; NBC Experience Store, 50 W. 50th St., between Fifth and Sixth Aves., 212-664-3056.
Late Night with Conan O’Brien
Expect smart and witty humor from this Harvard alum and former SNL and Simpsons writer. To see Triumph the Insult Comic Dog and other special guests, call 212-664-3056. Stand-by tickets are available at 9 a.m. the day of taping under the "NBC Studios" marquee on 30 Rockefeller Plaza, but do not guarantee access. Note: you must be 16 or older to attend tapings.
• Tapings held Tue-Fri, 5:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m. (arrive no later than 4:15) at 30 Rockefeller Plaza, near 49th St., 212-664-3056.
The Late Show with David Letterman
Since 1982, Letterman has been hilariously fulfilling your late-night needs with Stupid Tricks and "Top Ten" lists. To secure tickets, submit an online form at cbs.com or go to the studio Mon-Fri, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; Sat-Sun, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Stand-by tickets, which do not guarantee entry, are available by calling 212-247-6497 at 11 a.m. the day of taping. Note: you must be 18 or older to attend tapings.
• Tapings held Mon-Wed, 5:30 p.m.; Thu, 4:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., however times known to vary, at the Ed Sullivan Theater, 1697 Broadway, at 53rd St., 212-975-4321.
Live with Regis and Kelly
The daytime talk show made famous by Regis Philbin and Kathie Lee Gifford maintains its popularity thanks to the chemistry between Philbin and perky Kelly Ripa. It's been known to have up to a yearlong waiting list for tickets, so write at least four weeks in advance to:
"Live with Regis and Kelly" Tickets
P.O. Box 230-777
New York, NY 10023-0777
For stand-by admission, head over to the studio as early as 7 a.m. Note: you must be 10 or older to attend tapings, and anyone under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
• Tapings held Mon-Fri, 9 a.m. on W. 67th St. and Columbus Ave.