Mott Street Optical carries a broad selection of stylish frames (including designer names like Dolce & Gabbana) at about 30 percent less than uptown boutiques; eye exams start at $10 and there’s same-day service (52 Mott St., at Bayard St.; 212-431-8188).
Random Cool Cheap StuffShareThis
- The ENDURING MICRO-CITY, Indifferent to Change
- Decoding the CHINATOWN STOREFRONT
- Random Cool Cheap Stuff: A Hand-Painted Scroll, CROC KNOCKOFFS, Designer Glasses for Less
- Where to Get the Best Facial, Massage, and FOOT BACK RUB!
- SUCCESSFUL BARGAINING in Six Easy Steps
- Fatty Crab CHEF ZAK'S Favorite Neighborhood Markets and Eateries
- There's More to Do Than Eat: KARAOKE, ART, NIGHTLIFE, and Chinese History
- Mary's Fish Camp GARBAGE FISH RECIPE
- The EAST BROADWAY MAP
- A Visual Guide to Chinatown's Most INTRIGUING INGREDIENTS
- CONDOS Finally Come to Chinatown, Sort Of
- The Best LATE-NIGHT SPOTS for Fried Dumplings, Eight-Pound Lobster, or Roast Pork