New York has always been a good delivery town. Now it’s a great one. Never before have more foodstuffs, from your standard kung pao chicken to an authentic Neapolitan pizza margherita, been available just by picking up the phone. (Check that—you no longer have to pick up the phone. SeamlessWeb!) On the following pages, you’ll find the definitive primer to all things delivery, the heart of which is a neighborhood-by-neighborhood roster of the best places to order from in town. How did we choose? Since we can’t live everywhere, we turned to a virtual army of local experts—chefs, restaurateurs, critics, bloggers—in 30 neighborhoods. Their secrets are now your dinner. read more [+]
- The 100-Deliveryperson Poll
- We ask 100 deliverypeople how much they make, if they've ever been robbed, and more.
- Quick, I Need a Karaoke Machine!
- Whom to call when you want just about anything.
- Deliveryman for a Day
- A daylong experiment in living the life of a New York deliveryman.
- The Courier Triathlon
- Testing the mettle of three delivery services.