Frankie Steinz Costumes and Abracadabra Superstore These two costume shops both stock the same glittering "Billie Jean" ensemble, which includes a sparkly button-up shirt, black sequined trousers, a spangled black jacket, and a black felt hat. Added flair, like the white rhinestone-studded glove and knit ankle-length leg-warmers, ensure that your moonwalking attempts won’t go unnoticed. Frankie Steinz rents the look for $325 for two days, while Abracadabra charges $250 for three. (Be forewarned—Abracadabra also requires a $600 security deposit, so steer clear of beer spills or inclement weather.) Buy it outright from Abracadabra for $800.
An army of Michael Jackson clones will be moonwalking across bars and leading “Thriller” reenactments in the streets this Halloween. We surveyed the costume options, from polyester “Thriller” suits to glitzy “Billie Jean” getups.
- Options for Creepy Concerts or Raucous Parties
- Vintage Shops for Finding One-of-a-Kind Costumes
- Haunted Hayrides, Magical Séances, and More Frightful Events
- Thrilling and Chilling Upstate Day Trips
- Where to Celebrate Day of the Dead
- 17 Candies for the Discerning Trick-or-Treater
- What to Know About the Village Halloween Parade