The Holiday Shops at Bryant Park
Sixth Ave., at 42nd St.; 212-768-4242
There are more than 125 retailers for this year’s outdoor market, and the free ice-skating is a family-friendly mainstay. If that doesn't sound appealing, try singing karaoke with friends in a seven-foot freezer while testing out a Columbia Omni-Heat jacket.
• Dates: Oct. 26 to Jan. 8; Mon.Fri. 11 a.m.8 p.m., Sat. 10 a.m.9 p.m., Sun. 10 a.m.6 p.m.; theholidayshopsatbryantpark.com
Grand Central Holiday Fair
87 E. 42nd St., nr. Park Ave.; 212-532-4900
Can’t stand shopping in the cold? The Grand Central Holiday Fair is the city’s longest-running indoor holiday market. This year’s 76 artisanal vendors are selling everything from hand-blown glass ornaments to jewelry made from recycled materials, all in the festive (and warm) Vanderbilt Hall.
• Dates: Nov. 12 to Dec. 24; Mon.Sat. 10 a.m.8 p.m., Sun. 11 a.m.7 p.m. (closed Thanksgiving); grandcentralterminal.com
Columbus Circle Holiday Market
Central Park S., at Central Park W.; 212-529-9262
If you want to avoid mall madness at the Shops at Columbus Circle, check out the goods from boutique vendors and craft purveyors right outside their door. Munch on seasonal treats while you browse the selection of handmade clothing, jewelry, toys, and food.
• Dates: Nov. 28 to Dec. 23, Mon.Sat. 10 a.m.8 p.m.; Sun. 10 a.m.7 p.m.; Dec. 24, 10 a.m.4 p.m.; urbanspacenyc.com
Holiday Market at Union Square
14th St., at Broadway; 212-529-9262
The tents are back with hand-blown glass housewares, Tibetan crafts and knickknacks, German treats, and hot cider to ward off chills.
• Dates: Nov. 18 to Dec. 24; Mon.Fri. 11 a.m.8 p.m., Sat. 10 a.m.8 p.m., Sun. 11 a.m.7 p.m. (closed Thanksgiving); unionsquarenyc.org
Brooklyn Craft Central Holiday Market
Littlefield Performance Space, 622 Degraw St., nr. Third Ave.
Procrastinators, take note: This market runs on the last shopping weekend before Christmas and features different vendors each day. Take advantage of the full bar serving up holiday cocktails while you pick up some last-minute gifts from the array of local crafts and edibles.
• Dates: Dec. 15 to 16 and 22 to 23, 11 a.m.5 p.m.; bkcraftcentral.com
Winter's Eve at Lincoln Square
Broadway from Columbus Circle to 68th St.; 212-581-3774
If you yearn for a small-town holiday experience, check out the shopping opportunities, food tastings, and performances that will follow a neighborhood tree-lighting ceremony at this one-night-only event.
• Dates: Nov. 26, 5 p.m.; winterseve.org