The Living Room
1. The portrait of Rossini in the living room is based on an old passport photo.
2. The morgue lamp, as Ponciano and Rossini like to call it, was a sidewalk find in 2002. Since they found it outside a funeral home, they speculate it was used as an undertakers’ lamp. It takes standard 25-watt bulbs.
3. The mirror screen was another street find.
4. The white circular couch was first sold by Bloomingdale’s in 1969 (Rossini has the original delivery slip). The marble-topped table came from a store called Motherload in Williamsburg.
5. The wood floors throughout are original. A disco ball hangs just out of the picture frame.