This weekend’s Giants vs. Eagles game will inch one of the rival East Coast teams closer to the Super Bowl. For New York’s football fans, that means a Sunday spent among cheap booze and comrades — or even trivia, all-you-can-eat ribs, and gay men! Below, some beloved sports bars, drink deals, and more “atomic wings” than you’ll ever need:
BELOW 14TH STREET
• The Village Pourhouse pits football fanatics against each other for a halftime round of Giants trivia. $25 beer buckets and $10 Bud Light pitchers may cause some factual fumbles, but afterward, teams can raise morale by sharing the $40 free-for-all of wings.
• The Bleecker Street Bar offers a more focused, less frilly environment for taking in the game.
• Down the Hatch offers Giants fans the chance to get, well, giant while watching their team, with a $21 meal fit for a linebacker: French fries, onion rings, all-you-can-eat atomic wings, and three pitchers of domestic beer.
• Gym Sports Bar will be screening the game for all the riled-up gay football fans in town. Zey do exist!
• Surround sound provides a visceral setting for cheering on the Big Blue at the chic Blue Seats. $3 sliders, $4 shots, and $5 beers enhance the experience as well.
ABOVE 14TH STREET
• Blondies Sports is sure to be packed with beer-drinking, Big Blue–blooded fans, eyes stuck to the screens. Eagles be wary or come prepared.
• Real fans can shatter the 40/40 Club’s lavish atmosphere by cursing at the big plasma screen after imbibing some reduced-price drinks.
• Prove your red-blooded, Big Blue–headed manliness at Brother Jimmy’s, where an all-you-can-eat rib lunch — including all-you-can drink Bud — goes for $23.
• The Big Easy is screening the game on two plasmas for fans of the rival teams and offering $8 pitchers. Lady football fans are encouraged to partake, with a $2 draft special offered for females.
• Whenever the Giants score, Southern Hospitality offers $2 shots. If they’re losing, though, you can opt for the Big Blue Bird Crusher frozen margarita.
Feel free to plug your own parties below in the comments!