We have no words for this. More here.
We have no words for this. More here.
This is the plan hidden genius Jared Kushner has been working on for several years
President Trump’s Middle East peace plan, to be formally unveiled Tuesday, is a detailed blueprint of more than 50 pages that outlines his administration’s ideas about how to resolve core issues on borders, security and Jerusalem that have bedeviled negotiators for decades.
Although the administration has steadfastly declined to publicly discuss specific elements, people briefed on the contents described a plan that heavily tilts toward the Israeli position on key issues.
The plan, they say, envisions Israeli sovereignty over Jerusalem, including areas Palestinians claim as the capital of a future independent state. The Palestinians would have control over some neighborhoods on outer parts of East Jerusalem.
There would be land swaps between areas controlled by the Israelis and Palestinians. In the end, the Palestinians might control 70% to 80% of the West Bank. That would fall short of Palestinian demands, but the plan isn’t expected to formally rule out a Palestinian state.
Officials have said Israelis and Palestinians won’t be forced to leave their homes as Israel expands its borders. Unlike past efforts, the Trump administration isn’t expected to seek compromises that would allow some Palestinians to return to land they or their families left after Israel’s creation or receive compensation for it.
It was gonna end up there eventually
SCOTUS hands Trump administration another immigration win
Is he really the best messenger here?
If “curious” means “yes,” Democrats need just one more Republican to force Bolton testimony
The coronavirus story is only getting scarier
Even as China takes more stringent measures to limit the movement of the vast country’s population during the biggest travel period of the year, there are increasing fears that the quarantine will not be enough to stop the spread of the new coronavirus, which so far has infected at least 2,800 people in China and killed 81. Here’s what we know:
● With 81 dead so far, Beijing has broadened the extraordinary quarantine to more than 50 million people, but the mayor of Wuhan, the outbreak’s epicenter, said 5 million people have already left his city.
● Wuhan’s mayor admitted that the city did not release information about the virus in a timely manner but hinted that it was prevented from doing so by central authorities.
● China’s health minister said the coronavirus is increasing in virulence and now could be contagious even before people exhibit symptoms, making apparently healthy people possible carriers.
● A scientific assessment of the spread of the disease, assuming an optimistic 90 percent quarantine, still predicted more than 59,000 infections and 1,500 deaths — twice the toll of the 2002-2003 SARS outbreak.
● In the United States, health officials confirmed five cases of the pneumonia-like illness, while infections also have been confirmed in France, South Korea, Japan, Nepal, Thailand, Cambodia, Singapore, Vietnam, Taiwan and Canada.
Yes, nobody at the White House would ever have thin skin
What Bolton could testify to
President Trump told his national security adviser in August that he wanted to continue freezing $391 million in security assistance to Ukraine until officials there helped with investigations into Democrats including the Bidens, according to an unpublished manuscript by the former adviser, John R. Bolton.
The president’s statement as described by Mr. Bolton could undercut a key element of his impeachment defense: that the holdup in aid was separate from Mr. Trump’s requests that Ukraine announce investigations into his perceived enemies, including former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. and his son Hunter Biden, who had worked for a Ukrainian energy firm while his father was in office.