Aspiring Canadian actress Genevieve Sabourin was found guilty today of stalking and harassing the quick-tempered harassment-magnet Alec Baldwin, concluding a courtroom circus straight out of 30 Rock. Sabourin was sentenced to 180 days for being creepy — hundreds of phone messages and e-mails, showing up in the Hamptons, the usual — plus 30 additional days for acting out in front of the judge. If she wants a reality show upon release, this was one hell of an audition.
Here’s what you missed:
1. Baldwin got misty-eyed during his testimony while claiming he was never romantically involved with Sabourin. “No! No! Are you crazy?!” she yelled while he was on the stand. “Why is he crying?”
“Wow, you’re lying,” she continued. “I can’t believe you’re doing that.” The judge politely asked her to shut up.
2. She did not: After more outbursts the next day, the judge held her in contempt of court and handed down the 30-day sentence. “Could it start another day?” Sabourin asked. “I have my dog trapped in its cage and no one can take care of him!”
3. During her testimony, Sabourin described her date with Baldwin, including a Broadway play, where he (allegedly) held her hand and introduced her to Alicia Silverstone. “He told me many things that probably any woman would like to hear from the men they’re talking to and so we made love,” she explained. Makes sense.
4. Afterward, they “cuddled,” and she says Baldwin told her, “I make the best omelets in the world and I’d be happy to make you omelets every morning for the rest of your life,” which does seem excessive.
5. Following this morning’s guilty verdict, a frazzled Sabourin told the fed-up judge, “I am innocent. You are doing a mistake.”