10 Downing Food & Wine
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Houston St.; A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Late-Night Dining
- Notable Chef
- Outdoor Dining
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
10 Downing has been a neighborhood staple since 2008; the corner space is generously decorated with chic works of art, and feels sophisticated but remarkably unstuffy. With most ingredients hailing from nearby farms, the menu reflects the changing seasons, so in March you might find a prim square of suckling pig plated with hearty brussels sprouts.
Gnocchi, $19; cheddar grits, $8; short rib burger with bacon or an egg, $19
New York Magazine Reviews
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument
- IHOP Staffers Turned Their Entire Restaurant Into an All-out Brawl