10 Downing Food & Wine
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Houston St.; A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Late-Night Dining
- Notable Chef
- Outdoor Dining
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
10 Downing has been a neighborhood staple since 2008; the corner space is generously decorated with chic works of art, and feels sophisticated but remarkably unstuffy. With most ingredients hailing from nearby farms, the menu reflects the changing seasons, so in March you might find a prim square of suckling pig plated with hearty brussels sprouts.
Gnocchi, $19; cheddar grits, $8; short rib burger with bacon or an egg, $19
New York Magazine Reviews
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu