10 Downing Food & Wine
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Houston St.; A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Late-Night Dining
- Notable Chef
- Outdoor Dining
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
10 Downing has been a neighborhood staple since 2008; the corner space is generously decorated with chic works of art, and feels sophisticated but remarkably unstuffy. With most ingredients hailing from nearby farms, the menu reflects the changing seasons, so in March you might find a prim square of suckling pig plated with hearty brussels sprouts.
Gnocchi, $19; cheddar grits, $8; short rib burger with bacon or an egg, $19
New York Magazine Reviews
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s