- READER REVIEWS
Sun-Thu, 8am-11pm; Fri-Sat, 8am-midnight
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Houston St.; C, E at Spring St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Daily
- Beer and Wine Only
Canal St. to Eighth St., Lafayette St. to West Side Hwy.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This Macdougal Street staple, open since 1995, has evolved from a simple Middle Eastern spot to its current idiosyncratic fusion status, something the owner describes as "Israeli-Russian." Falafel and pierogi in all their carbohydrated glory are offered side-by-side with classic Jewish preparations like blintzes and stuffed cabbage. There are some missteps (a mountainous entrée portion of chicken livers is rubbery, the hummus is curiously devoid of flavor, pelmeni need serious salting), but the massive, fresh salads and the signature 12 Chairs burger (spicy and flavorful, served with sweet-potato fries) keep the Soho lunch crowds coming.Recommended Dishes
Arugula salad, $10.95; 12 Chairs burger, $12.95; cheese blintzes, $8.95
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s