12th Street Bar and Grill
Mon-Thu, 11:30am-11pm; Fri, 11:30am-midnight; Sat, 11am-midnight; Sun, 11am-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
F, G at Seventh Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Reservations Not Required
- Full Bar
Since 1996, this bistro with a soaring tin ceiling has pulled in diners from surrounding brownstone Brooklyn, particularly for informally romantic dates. Its name is somewhat misleading–the bar and restaurant are separate entities; the menu forgoes pub fare in favor of internationally influenced cuisine that’s big on seafood. A crab-cake is toothsome and crunchy on the outside, enhanced by cilantro aioli and chunky guacamole. Puffy cumin-dusted sea scallops dressed in pomegranate citrus sauce are tangy, not too sweet, and lovely on the plate, while a thick-cut salmon filet retains its juicy flavor. Not to be outdone by the pm crowd, 12th Street also has a bustling weekend brunch.Extra
Neighborhood parking can be a nightmare, so the restaurant has made arrangements with a lot around the block to provide free parking to its guests.
Sat.—Sun., 11 a.m.—3 p.m.
Crab cakes, $14
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More