12th Street Bar and Grill
Mon-Thu, 11:30am-11pm; Fri, 11:30am-midnight; Sat, 11am-midnight; Sun, 11am-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
F, G at Seventh Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Reservations Not Required
- Full Bar
Since 1996, this bistro with a soaring tin ceiling has pulled in diners from surrounding brownstone Brooklyn, particularly for informally romantic dates. Its name is somewhat misleading–the bar and restaurant are separate entities; the menu forgoes pub fare in favor of internationally influenced cuisine that’s big on seafood. A crab-cake is toothsome and crunchy on the outside, enhanced by cilantro aioli and chunky guacamole. Puffy cumin-dusted sea scallops dressed in pomegranate citrus sauce are tangy, not too sweet, and lovely on the plate, while a thick-cut salmon filet retains its juicy flavor. Not to be outdone by the pm crowd, 12th Street also has a bustling weekend brunch.Extra
Neighborhood parking can be a nightmare, so the restaurant has made arrangements with a lot around the block to provide free parking to its guests.
Sat.—Sun., 11 a.m.—3 p.m.
Crab cakes, $14
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month
- Scientists May Have Discovered a Way to Keep Bananas Fresh at Least Twice As Long
- New York Accuses Domino’s of Helping Franchisees Steal Workers’ Wages