Sun-Thu, noon-11:30pm; Fri-Sat, noon-12:30am
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at Astor Pl.; N, R at 8th St.-NYU; L at Third Ave.
52 cents per ounce
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- No Alcohol
As you can imagine, 16 Handles offers sixteen rotating flavors. Examples: cheesecake, coffee, pistachio, no-sugar vanilla (not bad for healthy stuff!), no-sugar chocolate, Irish mint, lemon, non-dairy mango tango, non-dairy very berry, green tea, raspberry tart, original tart, French vanilla, strawberry tart, cookies and cream, and finally, Eurotart, which is the place’s approximation of Pinkberry’s original flavor. After serving your own, you scoop in your choice of no fewer than 50 toppings, such as pumpkin seeds, almonds, coconut flakes, carob chips, Craisins, yogurt raisins, coconut flakes, and various candies and cereals. The question is, how economical is the business model of paying by weight? At 52 cents per ounce, do you get the same bang for your buck as you might get from Pinkberry?
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument
- IHOP Staffers Turned Their Entire Restaurant Into an All-out Brawl