Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, F, R at Jay St.-MetroTech; 2, 3, 4, 5 at Borough Hall
Take the B61 bus to Van Brunt and King Sts.
- Hot Spot
- Beer and Wine Only
This venue is closed.
The difficulty of getting to this cozy, off-the-beaten-track bistro is offset by the ease of ordering: The $25 three-course prix fixe changes daily and includes a choice of three appetizers, three entrées, and three desserts. Owner Arnaud Erhart patrols the artisan-crafted, vaguely ship-shaped room, recommending mostly organic or biodynamic wines (his particular passion) and scolding scofflaw cell-phone users who violate the house civility code. Irascible interlopers might balk, but the prospect of roasted scallops with leek fondue, a tender paprika-tinged hanger steak, and lighter à la carte bites like oysters and delectable charcuterie will keep you on your best behavior.Prix-Fixe Menu
Three-course dinner, $25
Best of New York Awards
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu