Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6, 7, S at Grand Central-42nd St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Open Kitchens / Watch the Chef
- Online Ordering
- Reservations Not Required
- No Alcohol
This venue is closed.
4Food is a conceptual fast food restaurant with a self-described goal of "de-junking fast food.” Theoretically, this is a good idea, but the execution is overly complicated and ultimately, underwhelming. A curious patron of 4Food would be wise to research the restaurant before entering the futuristic tri-level space, located just a few blocks from Grand Central Station. A typical burger order is divided into seven different parts, each with a multitude of options. There is a meal to please everyone, even the strictest of vegans, who might like the surprisingly flavorful rice-based bun option. All seven varieties of patties are doughnut-shaped, with hollow centers, and there are almost twenty different “scoop” options to fill the hole, including a (slightly spicy) chipotle hominy, marsala, and roasted Brussels sprouts. Factor in cheese, condiments, veggie-related “add-ons” and the result is a very complicated burger. An interactive online ordering system makes the process less daunting, but 4Food is proof that there is such a thing as too much choice.Recommended Dishes
Custom burger, $7; roasted roots, $3
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?
- Tony Danza’s Side Hustle Is Selling Mozzarella