5 Star Banquet & Restaurant
Nearby Subway Stops
E, M at Court Sq.-23rd St.; 7, N, Q at Queensboro Plaza
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Late-Night Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Beer and Wine Only
This late-night Punjabi diner couldn’t have a more obscure location: under the Queensboro Bridge, behind Silvercup Studios, and next to a taxi garage. The cuisine hails from Northern India, and a setting of dim lights and streaming Bollywood videos satisfy the Indian cabbies and clubkids who fill spacious wood-paneled booths into the wee hours. The Halal kitchen works nicely with lean lamb, crisply fried “jhinga” (shrimp), and minced chicken, while whole birds roast up juicy in the tandoor, along with puffy, chewy naan. Other distinctive dishes include the smoky, long-cooked dal makhani, and any of the hearty, savory biryanis. Plus, whatever time you finish fueling, a cab will surely be waiting.Lunch Buffet
An all-you-can-eat lunch buffet, $9.95, is served every day except Sunday, from noon to 4 p.m.
The kitchen turns similar fare for weddings and other events at a glitzy banquet hall next door.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s