- READER REVIEWS
508 Restaurant & Bar
Nearby Subway Stops
C, E at Spring St.; 1 at Canal St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Kids' Menu
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Online Ordering
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
Chambers St. to Christopher St.; West Broadway to West St.
This venue is closed.
Husband and wife chef-owners Anderson Sant’anna de Lima and Jennifer Hill whip up an extensive lineup of tapas (everything from Middle Eastern kibbeh to Catalan patatas bravas), housemade pastas, and simple entrées with inventive accents at this eclectic, date-worthy spot. Hanger steak is livened up with a soy jus, and nudi, described as “naked ravioli,” are tender balls of Swiss chard and ricotta spiced with a red-pepper sauce. For dessert, 508 sources revered Capogiro gelato and sorbetto from Pennsylvania, in flavors like Sicilian blood orange and rosemary, honey, and goat’s milk. The cool, creamy finish is especially satisfying come summer, when a wall of windows opens onto the street to create the illusion of dining alfresco.Note
An elevated “chef table” toward the back accommodates groups of eight to twelve, and a special table in the wine cellar downstairs, accessible only through the kitchen, is available for private parties.
Best of New York Awards
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu