Nearby Subway Stops
2, 3 at Grand Army Plaza; B, Q at Seventh Ave.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
This venue is closed.
Equipped with a rotisserie and a Kickstarter-funded doughnut-making robot (yes, really!), City Bakery alums Ilene Rosen and Sara Dima's 606 R&D, named for its address and owners’ initials, serves dishes like “Grandma Lucy’s puffy pancake,” and a Hartmann’s hot dog with fresh kraut and Polish mustard at brunch; and chicken egg drop soup with butternut squash, dandelion, and mustard greens, braised lamb shank with prunes and black garlic, plus vegetable sides that reflect Rosen’s haute-salad-bar roots for dinner.
The rotisserie is employed not only for chicken, served by the half or whole, but also
for drippings-basted cauliflower and “rotisserie toast” topped with
Benton’s bacon. Grandaisy bread and Saxelby cheese are among the gourmet
groceries sold up front, where the full bar dispenses kombucha on tap
and reconceived classic cocktails, like the parsnip-syrup-sweetened “Odd
Best of New York Awards
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s