- READER REVIEWS
983 Bushwick’s Living Room
Sun-Thu, 10am-1am; Fri-Sat, 10am-2am
Nearby Subway Stops
L at Morgan Ave.; J, M, Z at Myrtle Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Late-Night Dining
- Delivery after 10pm
- Reservations Not Required
- Full Bar
Broadway/Stockholm St. to Grand St., Irving St./Varick St. to Manhattan Ave.
On any given evening in this resurrected Bushwick diner, little glass oil lamps light a row of young couples forking up simply plated, reinvented comfort food like jicama-and-celery-root salads or meatloaf. Much less fussy than the other hardwood eateries north and south of Flushing, BLR traffics in neighbors looking for comforting classics, like hanger steak served in a satisfying puddle of jus or gravy and surrounded by a golden-brown pile of thin-cut fries. Sides are standouts, including the crispy, roasted Brussels sprouts and sautéed corn. Saturday and Sunday mornings, it’s all about nursing your hangover with a vegan scramble that has organic tofu, seasonable vegetables, tahini, and toast. Get here early enough when the white, metal chairs are still mostly empty, and you might catch the waitstaff applauding each bleary-eyed, uncombed party as it ambles in.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu