Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 51st St.; E, M at Lexington Ave.-53rd St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Ordering
- Full Bar
42nd St. to 64th St., FDR Dr. to Fifth Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
Though its name may sound like a cheesy mariachi shout, Ah! Chihuahua’s intentions seem pure enough. It won’t make you forget that as far as taquerias go, this city is in sore shape; however, there are simple moments of gratification to be had. The straightforward menu is laden with predictable Tex-Mex goodies like nachos and taquitos. Those who can’t make up their minds will find solace in combo platters like the Monterry, which comes with a flauta, a quesadilla, and a chimichanga. The railroad-style space virtually defines the phrase “hole in the wall,” but with terra-cotta floors, exposed-brick walls, and dim lighting, it has a certain charm. Nonetheless, so does your living room, so unless you like lingering in a cavelike, rough-around-the-edges joint, you may want to opt for delivery, and fill up on Ah! Chihuahua’s fast, good-enough grub at home.Recommended Dishes
Enchiladas suizas, $14.95; Monterey combo, $14.95; fajitas toreadas, $18.95
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu