- READER REVIEWS
Mon-Fri, noon-2pm and 5:30pm-10:30pm; Sat, 5:30pm-10:30pm; Sun, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
C, E at Spring St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Business Lunch
- Dine at the Bar
- Beer and Wine Only
- Sake and Soju
At this discreet establishment in Soho, Hirohisa Hayashi specializes in the kind of quirky, traditionalist dishes beloved by Japanese omakase purists. You’ll find expertly grilled servings of infrared Washu beef, miso black cod, and fried squares of soft, warm sesame tofu topped with spoonfuls of uni. The most lavish omakase option includes numerous non-sushi items and, at nine courses for $150, is priced for the expense-account, Tokyo-salaryman crowd (there’s also a $100 seven-course menu).
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu