Nearby Subway Stops
1, A, B, C, D at 59th St.-Columbus Circle; N, Q, R at 57th St.-Seventh Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Dine at the Bar
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
There’s nothing exciting about Kennedy’s, but in midtown's sea of anonymity, it’s at least a breath of the familiar. Judging from the motherly affection the Irish staff bestows, it’s clear that the fish and chips aren't the only reason the eclectic crowd keeps coming back to the bar or the dining room at back. The grandly dated space feels a lot like your grandfather’s country club: A mammoth fireplace anchors a wood-paneled room accented by exaggerated moldings and faux windows made of stained glass. The menu is split between rustic comforts and standard seafood and meat entrées. Transport you to Dublin the shepherd's pie won't, but when only a kind face and a pint of Guinness are required, Kennedy’s fits the bill.Recommended Dishes
Shepherd’s pie, $15
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More
- Two Men Indicted in Massive French Laundry Wine Robbery