Macchiato Espresso Bar
Mon-Fri, 7am-6pm; Sat-Sun, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6, 7, S at Grand Central-42nd St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Ordering
- No Alcohol
40th St. to 50th St., FDR Dr. to Fifth Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
Though owner Tal Inbar may serve the kind of coffee that evokes images of lingering at European cafés (Danesi espresso) or hanging at the local coffeehouse (Jim’s Organic drip), his sleek grab-and-go spot caters to people who are in far too much of a rush to sit and sip their espressos, lattes, cappuccinos, or mochaccinos. Those with the luxury of dallying in the morning, however, have eighteen seats; bagels from H&H; and chocolate, butter, or ham and Swiss croissants to choose from. At lunchtime, space is harder to come by, as Inbar and company turn out made-to-order salads and sandwiches using high-quality and imported ingredients. The prosciutto di Parma and buffalo-mozzarella sandwich is a top-seller, packed with avocado, basil, olive tapanade, and fresh tomato dipped in balsamic vinaigrette. Grilled chicken with pesto mayo and classics like tuna and egg salad round out the menu.
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat Right Now
- Café Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’