Sun-Thu, 11am-midnight; Fri-Sat, 11am-1am
Nearby Subway Stops
L at First Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Hot Spot
- Notable Chef
- Notable Wine List
- Open Kitchens / Watch the Chef
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
Houston St. to 23rd St., Ave. C to Hudson St.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
More than the name has changed at the East Village storefront that housed the famously puritanical Una Pizza Napoletana. Now that Mathieu Palombino is there to plant the Manhattan flag of his Motorino brand, pizza pilgrims can commit such heresies as ordering appetizers (octopus salad, fennel salad) or dessert (tiramisu). Furthermore, Palombino takes plastic, stays open seven days, and—in a radical departure—slices his pies by request, including newcomers like Stracciatella, available for takeout in boxes or folded in paper.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More