This venue is closed.
Rice with Jamaican jerk chicken, rice with Thai beef salad, rice with Vietnamese grilled chicken salad, rice with tofu balls, rice with curried chicken–you get the picture. It's all about rice at this staple for students and hipsters who aren't on the Atkins diet. The menu globe-trots from Jamaica to India to Thailand, offering ten different types of rice and about a dozen main-course toppings (curries, salads, sauces, etc.). Other entrees are available, but these tend to be less consistent than the house specialty. For style points, there's a small but plucky wine list. At the original, shoebox-sized Nolita location, a candlelit atmosphere that's perfect for a low-budget date, while the Brooklyn branches have a very cool brick-warehouse setting with outdoor patios.
- Colonia Verde’s Next Sunday Asado Features Alex Raij and Fany Gerson
- Levain Bakery, and Its Tremendous Cookies, Are Moving to a Bigger Space
- Starbucks Introduces Nitrogen-Infused Cold Brew, Just Wants to Be One of the Cool Kids
- ‘Renegade’ Ice-Cream Trucks Terrorizing Mister Softee Drivers
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus