This venue is closed.
Rice with Jamaican jerk chicken, rice with Thai beef salad, rice with Vietnamese grilled chicken salad, rice with tofu balls, rice with curried chicken–you get the picture. It's all about rice at this staple for students and hipsters who aren't on the Atkins diet. The menu globe-trots from Jamaica to India to Thailand, offering ten different types of rice and about a dozen main-course toppings (curries, salads, sauces, etc.). Other entrees are available, but these tend to be less consistent than the house specialty. For style points, there's a small but plucky wine list. At the original, shoebox-sized Nolita location, a candlelit atmosphere that's perfect for a low-budget date, while the Brooklyn branches have a very cool brick-warehouse setting with outdoor patios.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu