Nearby Subway Stops
F, M at 23rd St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Outdoor Dining
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
17th St. to 27th St., Fifth Ave. to Ninth Ave.
This venue is closed.
The interior of this Mediterranean-inspired restaurant in outer Chelsea is an all-too-common version of spiffiness with its dark wood tables and chairs and long banquettes. But the bar area is striking, decked out in white, opalescent tiles. Sensa's food is a lot like its decor: for the most part undistinguished, yet with occasional spots of brightness. The rib eye, for instance, so big it nearly spills over the side of the plate, is packed with beefy flavor, and the de rigueur arugula salad brings a tangle of delicate greens with slices of pear and pistachios. Its tangy pomegranate dressing teeters on the edge of too sweet, but salty bits of well-distributed blue cheese yank it back to safety.Recommended Dishes
Rib eye steak, $24; rocket salad with blue cheese, red pears, and pomegranate dressing, $11
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu