Nearby Subway Stops
2, 3, 4, 5, B, Q at Atlantic Ave.-Barclays Center; R at Union St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Online Ordering
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
In Australia, a sheep station is a huge expanse of a ranch, often dotted with windmills that bore underground for water. On the western fringe of Park Slope, Sheep Station is a roomy Australian pub, outfitted with corrugated tin, salvaged wall paneling, and a fireplace in the back room, where the owners show local art and plan to air rugby and cricket matches. Martine Lafond, onetime managing partner of Smith Street Kitchen, cooks simple but satisfying bar food like the "shearer's burger" (anointed, in classic Aussie style, with beets, pineapple, and a fried egg), and a flaky minced-meat pie. Like co-owner Jason Crew, the wines, the lamb, and the whole fish of the day (when it's barramundi) all hail from Down Under. Lafond, on the other hand, comes from Quebec and has added poutine—French fries drowned in Cheddar curds and brown gravy, bar food par excellence—to the otherwise antipodean menu.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu