Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Cathedral Pkwy./110th St.; B, C at Cathedral Pkwy./110th St.
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Late-Night Dining
- Live Music
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
This cocktail lounge and coffee shop on the southern border of Morningside Heights begins selling hot drinks, breakfast foods and fresh baked bread then switches to small plates of cheese, chorizo, gratin de broccoli and the like until last call. Red and black checkered upholstery and brightly colored paintings line the walls, knickknacks such as African masks fill the shelves above the bar, and an equally eclectic mix of Columbia students and neighborhood folks lounge at mismatched mosaic-tiled tables or on the couches and hassocks in the back. For those of you watching your waistlines there’s a section of the menu titled “Healthy Stuff.” For those of you who aren't, “Substantial Snacks.”Happy Hour
Daily, 5 p.m–7 p.m., free tapas; 2 a.m–4 a.m., $2 off beer, wine, and well drinks.
DJs spin and singer/songwriters croon every night of the week.
Sip hosts monthly art openings.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu