A Salt & Battery
Mon-Sat, 11:30am-10:30pm; Sun, 11:30am-10pm
Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, E at 14th St.; L at Eighth Ave.
- Kids' Menu
- Beer and Wine Only
Canal St. to 30th St., Broadway to West Side Hwy.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
The folks from Tea & Sympathy have expanded their British empire with a fish-and-chips shop that literally reeks of authenticity. Aside from the main attraction, properly wrapped in British newspaper, there are mushy peas, pickled onions, Heinz baked beans, and the improbably edible deep-fried Mars Bars. Between orders, a relentlessly cheery staff spouts cockney slang.Recommended Dishes
Fish combo, $14; mushy peas, $4; pickled onion, $1; Heinz baked beans, $4; deep-fried Mars bar, $4
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu