- READER REVIEWS
A Salt & Battery
Mon-Fri, noon-11pm; Sat-Sun, noon-midnight
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at Bleecker St.; F at Second Ave.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Kids' Menu
- Beer and Wine Only
Canal St. to 30th St., FDR Dr. to Fifth Ave.
This venue is closed.
The folks from Tea & Sympathy have expanded their British empire with a fish-and-chips shop that literally reeks of authenticity. Aside from the main attraction, properly wrapped in British newspaper, there are mushy peas, pickled onions, English baked beans, and the improbably edible deep-fried Mars Bars. Between orders, a relentlessly cheery staff spouts cockney slang.Breakfast
The East Village location only serves breakfast all day, every day
Both locations only serve beer
The West Village location seats just 10, but the East Village location seats 35; neither accepts reservations
Cod with chips, $12.98; mushy peas; $2.71; pickled onion, $.81; English baked beans, $3.25; deep-fried Mars bar, $3.25
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu