- READER REVIEWS
Set on an odd corner—industrial grit and barred windows on one side, neat clapboard houses on the other—Adobe Blues brings live music and a Southwestern-themed menu to Staten Island. The bar plays host to a thriving jazz and blues scene, and the dining room, accented with chili-pepper lights, terra-cotta sconces and images of the Old West, looks upbeat, too—until the food hits the table. Pedestrian salsa accompanies a basket of chips, and salads are dressed in a blend of BBQ sauce, sour cream and mayo that's thick enough to stand up a fork. Mini-tacos will satisfy deep-fried meat lovers while enchiladas are geared towards those mad for cheese.Extra
The food tastes a lot better with some liquid support. The beer bonanza spans 185 brews from 130 countries, and margaritas come in 12 varieties.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu