- READER REVIEWS
Affaire Restaurant & Lounge
Nearby Subway Stops
F at Second Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Good for Groups
- Reservations Not Required
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
This venue is closed.
We figure this place deserves a look, if only to see what’s become of the bi-level space that held China 1. There was a time when the smoke machines at this underground lair drew the last of the bridge-and-tunnel die-hards, but they’ve now been replaced with male “bottle butlers” and waitresses in hats designed by Christys’ London, wielding fancy-schmancy feather pens. The look here is rather Madame X (as befits weekly burlesque performances), but don’t call this a bar. Chef Abel Pina has designed a menu inspired partly by recipes from owner Andrew Krauss’s Parisian mother, though it’s safe to say she didn’t have anything to do with the “buffalo-style” frog legs. Rest assured, there are still D.J.'s downstairs.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu