Mon-Fri, 11:30am-3:30pm and 5:30pm-11pm; Sat, noon-3:30pm and 5pm-11:30pm; Sun, noon-10:30pm
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 33rd St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
- Sake and Soju
34th St. to 57th St., FDR Dr. to Tenth Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
Sushi is to Murray Hill as Szechuan once was to the Upper West Side: ubiquitous, ordinary, and of varying quality. Aji, which replaced neighborhood stalwart Okura in 2004, adds nothing new to the formula. With blond-wood accents, lacquered chairs and tables, and a rather forlorn sushi bar in back, it’s basically a generic neighborhood spot geared to answer those lazy “Where-should-we-eat?” moments. Competent appetizers, like sweet hijiki or tuna-avocado salad, arrive on beds of iceberg lettuce; sashimi quality fluctuates dramatically, with telltale iridescence making an occasional appearance on tuna and yellowtail. Like most restaurants on this busy Third Avenue strip, Aji attracts a mix of office drones and residents in their twenties attended to by brisk but friendly servers wearing body-conscious T-shirts.Recommended Dishes
Golden dragon roll, $10.95; spicy triplets roll, $10.95; black and white roll, $12.95
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu