Nearby Subway Stops
E, M at Lexington Ave.-53rd St.; 6 at 51st St.
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Business Lunch
- Dine at the Bar
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
40th St. to 60th St., FDR Dr. to Fifth Ave.
Long a favorite of United Nations delegates and the in-the-know Midtown set, Al Bustan serves the most refined Lebanese cuisine in town. But does the kitchen do enough to justify the tariff, which can be two or three times what you'd pay for the same menu items at the typical Middle Eastern restaurant? Certainly, the cream-colored minimalist dining room and attentive service add some value, and the elegance of the presentations adds some more. Still, it's an expensive way to eat hummus.Note
Reservations are accepted only for groups of 3 or more.Recommended Dishes
Samboussek (dumplings stuffed with minced meat), $6.50; grilled kafta (minced skewered lamb with chopped onions, spices, and parsley), $22.50
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu