Nearby Subway Stops
F, J, M, Z at Delancey St.-Essex St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Open Kitchens / Watch the Chef
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Now that the pioneering 71 Clinton Fresh Food and aKa Café have closed their doors, Alias is the sole survivor of the restaurant family that made Clinton Street's culinary name. Maybe that's because the prices are low enough and the menu flexible enough to keep the locals coming back. But the kitchen's genuine reliance on seasonal ingredients, and the offbeat way it combines them, as in a recent salad of Greenmarket strawberries, fried capers, and Di Palo's ricotta, gives it a distinct identity on a block where it's gotten much tougher to stand out.Brunch
Sat., 11 a.m.—3:30 a.m.; Sun., 10:30 a.m.—3:30 p.m.
Best of New York Awards
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu