Nearby Subway Stops
1, 2, 3 at 96th St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Daily
- Brunch - Weekend
- Good for Groups
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
87th St. to 107th St., Amsterdam Ave. to Riverside Dr.
This venue is closed.
Named after a Eurasian bird symbolizing the union of owners Chantal and Kenneth Gin, Alouette is a beacon of sophistication in an area of town not known for great restaurants. The space was designed by Ilan Waisbrod: Golden tones and red velvet curtains create an intimate setting for French treats like a creamy goat cheese tartelette or garlicky escargots. The pan-seared diver sea scallops and juicy sirloin steak served with tongue-tingling pepper sauce are other delights that make it worth the trip uptown. Arrive early to take advantage of the prix-fixe menu.Prix-Fixe Menu
Mon.—Thu., 5 p.m.—7 p.m.; Fri.—Sun., 5 p.m.—6:30 p.m.; three courses, $25.Recommended Dishes
Goat cheese tartelette, $10; monkfish fricassee, $20; breast of duck and sausage, $22; sirloin steak with pommes frites and pepper sauce, $23; warm Valrhona chocolate gateau, $8
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu