Sun-Mon, noon-2:30pm and 5pm-10pm; Tue-Thu, noon-2:30pm and 5pm-11pm; Fri-Sat, noon-2:30pm and 5pm-midnight
Nearby Subway Stops
N, Q, R at 57th St.-Seventh Ave.
American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
- Dine at the Bar
- Notable Wine List
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Design Standout
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
This venue is closed.
Aspen owner Greg Brier has apparently swapped his position by the après-ski fire for one on the metaphorical couch. He's opened Amalia, named after Sigmund Freud's mother and located adjacent to the Dream Hotel. But there was nothing subconscious in his choice of a chef: The coastal Mediterranean menu was concocted by Ivy Stark, a veteran of both Dos Caminos and Rosa Mexicano. Her new culinary direction has yielded dishes like warm duck-confit-stuffed dates with dried-fig mostarda and serrano ham, and her American Sommelier Association certification has enabled her to assemble an eclectic, whimsically categorized list of food-friendly wines ("tantalizing" and "agile" reds, "elegant" and "lively" whites). The design, which incorporates leather-clad, barrel-vaulted ceilings and a black Murano-glass chandelier, might come off as a bit broodingóbut there's no need to overanalyze it.
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Dizengoff, Olmsted, G√ľnter Seeger, and More
- A Trailblazing Chef Arrives in NYC With This Ambitious New Restaurant
- Sauvage, From the Maison Premiere Team, Debuts in Greenpoint
- Australia Got Its Own Naked Restaurant
- Here’s What Bourdain Learned by Eating Noodles With President Obama